Documenting Oral History and the Experience of General managers of Iran’s civil servants pension Fund (CSPF)
In recent years, experts relied on past experiences have suggested new concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of organizations that in the meantime the use of stored knowledge (experience) embodied in organizations is one of the most influential topics. In this context, we can take advantage of the effects and benefits of knowledge management and utilize the previous experiences for efficiency and effectiveness of organizations.
However, the use of the embodied knowledge in organizations is possible only when the knowledge identify, extract and exploit in a specific framework. Then the “documentation” is one of the most important methods of use of this knowledge and experiences.
“Documentation of oral history and experiences of Civil Servants Pension Fund’s CEOs” reviews the concept of knowledge management and its necessity as well as documenting the experiences of managers, at first, and then, discuss the history and trends prevailing on CSPF. According to research proposal, the final product of this phase, is the list of those considered people for an interview and discuss issues with them.
Afterwards the dialogue and in-depth interviews with 19 senior executives of CSPF, have been conducted and documented. Then in the third phase of the study, an attempt was made to explain the process of formation of the fund and after separating the funds’ different lifetime stages, a historical picture of the developments and its related events is drawn by reviewing the written sources, especially material obtained from interviews with CSPF former. Finally, on the basis of the findings of the study, the following points have been proposed as policy recommendations:
- The need to appoint the experienced senior managers with full knowledge of CSPF
- The need to engage with civil –union organizations
- The need to reconsider the role of education and research
- The need to develop a new statistical system
- The need to create order in the calculation of insurance
- Faced with the structure, an example of inaction
- The need to strengthen relations with international organizations
- The need to attention to the human capital management
- Avoidance of the double malware (purely economic approach vs. supportive approach to the fund
- And the most important: the independence of the fund